Skip to content
Shipping From $19.99. Free Shipping* on Orders $350+* With Code: Freeship
Shipping From $19.99. Free Shipping* on Orders $350+* With Code: Freeship

Leonardo Bussoletti - 2021 Brecciaro - Ciliegiolo

Original price $19.99 - Original price $19.99
Original price
$19.99 - $19.99
Current price $19.99

Overview: It takes its name from the land where 100% Ciliegiolo grapes are cultivated (a former breccia quarry), in Narni in Brecciaro and from the vineyards of San Gemini, in Colle Ozio. Soils are located at 190 meters asl and 290 meters asl and they are rocky the first one and calcareous clay the second one. Vineyards are between 10 and 15 years old, trained by guyot, with a yield between 600 and 800 grams per plant. Grapes are harvested by hand in 20 kg. boxes. Fermentation is spontaneous and lasts about 20 days. After racking, 70% of Brecciaro is aged in stainless steel on its fine deposits for about 12 months; the remaining 30% is aged in large French oak casks of 25 hl for 9/12 months. After bottling, Brecciaro remains in our cellars for other 6/7 months. The annual production varies from 12.000/15.000 bottles.

Tasting Notes: Garnet color and an intense and balsamic aroma distinguished by some nice red fruit. The wine’s full body explodes in the mouth where it is juicy. The finish has a long, balsamic aftertaste.

Pairing: This Ciliegiolo di Narni is an extraordinary wine to be combined with rice with beans, pasta and peas, mushroom soup, white meats, semi-aged cured meats and cheeses, excellent with lake fish and cod. 

Points: 90, James Suckling

Format/ABV: 750ml/13.5%

In certain circumstances, a specific vintage may not be available. If this is the case, a comparable vintage of the same wine will be substituted for online orders. If shopping in store, please check the bottle for the appropriate vintage. If you have a question about a specific vintage that is in stock, please email

We do NOT currently ship to the following states: AK / HI / MA/ MI / MS / OK/ SD/ TN / UT

Compare products

{"one"=>"Select 2 or 3 items to compare", "other"=>"{{ count }} of 3 items selected"}

Select first item to compare

Select second item to compare

Select third item to compare