There’s nothing better than a sweet, caramel-y cocktail to ring in the holiday season! The Crown Royal Whisky brand’s take on Salted Caramel is a subtle, creamy, salty-sweet whiskey that lends itself quite well to holiday-inspired cocktails, and there isn’t a bad cocktail that could be made with this as an ingredient. We felt inspired this season, so we researched and put together a list of our very favorite Crown Royal Salted Caramel recipes – ranging from the classics to more flavorful twists!
1. Crown Royal Salted Caramel Eggnog
Creamy, sweet, and delicious, this is a great recipe for all you eggnog-lovers out there!
- 1.5 oz. Crown Royal Salted Caramel
- 4.5 oz. eggnog
- 1 nutmeg
- 1 oz. caramel
Glassware: Collins Glass
- Shake all ingredients (except nutmeg) with ice and strain into a collins glass.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and serve.
2. Crown Royal Caramel Apple Cocktail
This easy-to-make holiday cocktail is a slightly fruitier, festive drink.
- .75 oz. Crown Royal Salted Caramel
- 1 oz. Crown Royal Regal Apple
- .5 oz. lemon juice
- 4 oz. ginger ale
- Red apple slice
- Pour ingredients over ice and stir.
- Garnish with fresh apple slices (optional)
3. Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
This luscious, creamy drink is simply a combo of milk, premium white chocolate chips, and some pumpkin (either canned or pureéd).
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 4 cups organic milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar optional
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1- ounce Crown Royal Salted Caramel Whisky
- In a large saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except the whiskey. Whisk to combine.
- Once the white hot chocolate is hot, serve in a mug topped with whipped cream and cinnamon or caramel sauce.
- Stir Crown Royal Salted Caramel Whisky into the mug of white hot chocolate, then top with whipped cream and cinnamon or caramel sauce. [source]
4. Salted Caramel Spiked Apple Cider
Another hot boozy drink in the rotation, because they are one of the best things about the winter! This salted caramel whiskey hot apple cider is a great choice for cider lovers.
- Apple Cider
- 6 ounces Salted Caramel Crown Royal
- 16-24 ounces apple cider
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat the whipped cream ingredients until stiff peaks form and it is scoopable.
- Heat the cider and whiskey using your favorite method (stovetop or microwave).
- Pour into 4 cups, and top with whipped cream. Garnish with a dried or fresh apple, and another sprinkle of cinnamon. [source]
5. Salted Caramel Vanilla Cream
Dessert in a glass, anyone? This one is a great addition to the dessert lineup for your Thanksgiving feast, or to bring with you for the host!
- 1 ounce Crown Royal Salted Caramel Whisky
- 5 ounces Vanilla Cream Soda
- Mix ingredients well and serve over ice.
For more cocktail recipes and drink ideas, check out our other blogs!