4 Perfect Whiskey Cocktail Recipes for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to snuggle up with your sweetie, binge on chocolate, and sip romantic cocktails! If you aren’t sure what to make to mark the occasion, don’t worry – we have you covered. We’ve rounded up our favorite, most delicious whiskey cocktail recipes for this Valentine’s Day; each one of them is guaranteed to impress any whiskey lover (and maybe even convince someone who isn’t!). Here are our top three whiskey cocktail recipes!
1. Bourbon Sweetheart
Combining bourbon and strawberries, this drink has a great balance between the sweet and tart of the fresh strawberries while the bourbon gives it enough of a boozy punch to make this drink perfect for a bourbon lover. A dash of bitters brings a hint of spice and complexity to the Bourbon Sweetheart, making this drink come to life.
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- ¾ oz rich simple syrup
- 2 strawberries, cleaned and cut into large pieces
- .50 oz ginger liqueur
- ¾ oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz bourbon
- 3-4 oz club soda
- Place strawberry pieces into a shaker.
- Muddle strawberries and simple syrup.
- Fill shaker with crushed ice and bourbon, ginger liqueur, lemon juice, and bitters.
- Shake and pour into a highball glass. Top with club soda and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
2. Manhattan Love Story
Not only does the Manhattan Love Story sound romantic, but it also looks the part with its orangey warm hues. This one is a twist on a traditional Manhattan cocktail; it simply eliminates the vermouth and replaces it with a ginger liqueur to give it more of a kick. The Manhattan Love Story is a blend of warm flavors, and it’s sure to win over whiskey lovers and non-lovers alike!
- Pour all of your ingredients into a mixing glass with a few ice cubes.
- Stir thoroughly, and then strain the cocktail into a glass of your choice.
3. Pink Campari
The Pink Campari takes Valentine’s Day literally – instead of being just refreshing or warm, this is a bright pink cocktail that fits the bill perfectly! It contains plenty of fresh and fruity flavors, including raspberry, pear, and cranberry, making it fresh and delicious.
- Lime twist
- Pinch of Sweet and Sour Mix
- Two splashes of pear and cranberry juice
- 5 fresh raspberries (plus any for garnish)
- 1 oz rye whiskey
- 1 oz Campari
- Add the ingredients to a martini shaker and shake well. The raspberries should be smashed by the ice cubes as you shake, releasing their flavor.
- When finished, pour the cocktail into a martini glass, and garnish each glass with extra raspberries and a lime twist.
4. The Brogue
The Brogue is a somewhat more complicated cocktail (but still easy to make once you have all the ingredients) that takes a good quality scotch and infuses it with lavender for a refreshing, light taste. The use of lavender here works perfectly with the Drambuie, and the ultra-light taste is definitely different than most whiskey cocktails!
- 5 oz honey-infused lavender syrup
- Dried lavender
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 5 oz single malt Scotch Whiskey
- 5 oz Drambuie
- Combine all of your ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well, ensure it’s thoroughly chilled and mixed, and then strain cocktail into a glass on the rocks. To make the most of the flavor, garnish your cocktail with a little-dried lavender – you’ll be bound to impress!